Theme: POWER – Acts 4:33
Sub-Theme: Releasing Your Creative Power (02)
Topic: Understanding Vain imagination/fantasy
Text: 2Cor. 10:3-5
- Imaginations are the pictures in the mind, images of things that have not yet happened.
- Vain imaginations are mental pictures that portray useless and/or self-important dimension of your life, which are not according to the will of God
- Fantasy is an illusory pleasant mental picture of the mind that a person would love to be involved with and be in control.
- ACCESSING THE BELIEVER’S IMAGINATION
- The Holy Spirit
- The devil
- INGREDIENTS THAT STIMULATE VAIN IMAGINA-TION
- THE IMPACT OF VAIN IMAGINATION ON A BELIE-VER
- Create tracks in the mind to enable repetition. (Mat. 12:43-45)
- Makes a person to avoid responsibilities
- Provides false comfort
- Addiction to escaping reality for fantasy
- Opening of the mind to seducing spirits
- ROOTING OUT VAIN IMAGINATIONS/ FANTASY
- Take responsibility
- Recognize the real problem – Ps. 51:6
- Deep repentance – Mat. 4:17
- Bring every thought into captivity and to the obedience of Christ
- Cast down every imagination and high thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God.
- Administer deliverance and healing of the imagination
- Replace vain imagination with the truth of the word of God.
i. Enter into covenant with God and yourself – Job. 31:1, 7-8.
ii. Change your mindset – Ps. 101:3-4; Rom. 12:1-2; Col. 3:1-4)
- Prayer with thanksgiving – 1Thes. 5:16-18; Jas. 5:16b; 2Cor. 10:5; Phil. 4:6-7
CASTING DOWN VAIN IMAGINATIONS PRAYER SESSION
- O God, I call on your fire to purify my imagination
- I declare that Jesus Christ is Lord over my thought life and imagination and I submit them to him in the name of Jesus
- I receive the power of God into my imagination to remove the full extent of all fleshly and demonic infiltration, in the name of Jesus
- I declare that strongholds shall be perpetually demolished within my imagination, in the name of Jesus
- I now command that every demonic door to and within my imagination be closed that none mays open and godly doors are now being opened that none may close, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all demonic roots within the depths of my imagination to be plucked out and withered to death, in the name of Jesus.
- I break free from the bondage of all ungodly imaginations, in the name of Jesus
- Since I was created in the image and likeness of God, I declare that I imagine myself as God views me, in the name of Jesus
- I break the pattern of evil that has developed within my imagination, thoughts and heart, in the name of Jesus – Gen. 6:5
- Every stronghold that developed within my imagination from childhood, youth and adult life I command to be broken and that godly and biblical strongholds be established, in the name of Jesus – Gen. 8:21
- I cast down wicked imaginations and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God in my mind, in the name of Jesus
- I take my thoughts captive and bring them into the obedience of Christ, in the name of Jesus – 2Cor. 10:5-6
- I break the fullness of the power and effects that all wicked and vain imaginations have upon me, in the name of Jesus
- I declare that wicked and vain imaginations no longer give me pleasure or sense of security
- I command permanent silence to all fleshly and demonic voices within my imagination, in the name of Jesus.
- I permanently turn off all mental images that are not God-inspired, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that I shall not longer drift away in vain imaginations to be ensnared by them, in the name of Jesus
- I unlock the power of my imagination for good and refuse the fullness of their power for evil, in the name of Jesus
- I shall walk in the righteousness within my imagination and not the evil therein, in the name of Jesus – Deut. 29:19; JER. 3:17; 7:24
- I declare that the Lord knows my imagination and I therefore invite him to transform it to be continuously pleasing to him, in the name of Jesus
- I fill my imagination with God’s word and will for my life
- My heart shall not devise wicked imaginations – Pro. 6:18
- I declare that all vanity is being constantly purged from my imagination, in the name of Jesus – Rom. 1:21
- I declare that my imagination is now being shifted into holiness and righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that my imagination no longer leads me, but I lead it into the things of God, in the name of Jesus.
- The power to birth my imagination into reality is now being shifted from darkness and evil to holiness, light and truth, in the name of Jesus.
- I imagine things that are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God and I set my imagination on these thing, in the name of Jesus
- I confess that light and truth penetrate the depths of my imagination, in the name of Jesus.
- The word and power of God shift and transform the depths of my imagination, in the name of Jesus.
- Ungodly imaginations no longer govern my life. The word of God now governs my imagination
- My imagination permanently rejects evil and receives the goodness of God
- My imagination is now filled with things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praise worthy, in the name of Jesus – Phil. 4:8
- I choose to no longer hide within my imagination but face reality, in the name of Jesus
- I imagine the possibilities of God’s will, in the name of Jesus
- I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens my imagination for good – Phil. 4:13
- My imagination is now governed by the law of the Spirit of live in Christ Jesus – rom. 8:2
- I invite the Holy Spirit to govern my imagination on a permanent basis, in the name of Jesus!